Mergers and Acquisitions
If you are considering taking over another business call us first. It is a complex and expensive process which, if not thoroughly researched and skillfully negotiated, can lead to disaster. We have trained professionals who take all this in their stride and can reduce your stress levels by carrying out the following procedures for you:
- Identify businesses as candidates for merger or acquisition
- Complete the due diligence investigations prior to acquisitions.
- Prepare a negotiating strategy for you
- Assist in raising the capital required
- Develop an integration plan for a smoother acquisition or merger
- Optimise the tax and financial position of the consolidated enterprise
Please call us at R A Clement Associates and we will arrange a meeting with one of our partners or accountant, Linda MacEwan to discuss your options.
Our Oban office phone number is 01631 562 643 or you can email Linda on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointments can also be made for meetings in our Fort William office by calling 01397 700 171 where the staff will advise you on what member of the team would be best able to advise you.
There may come a time when a part of your business is no longer contributing to the overall performance and you decide to dispose of it. You might even want to retire at some point and therefore need to realise capital invested in your business. Perhaps you receive an approach from a competitor who wants to buy your business.
We can explain the options available to you and their various implications. We can then advise you on which would be best for your circumstances.
As your advisors we can help you to:
- Screen potential purchasers of the business
- Negotiate the best price for the sale of your business
- Minimise any taxation implications resulting of the disposal
For help with anything relating to disposals phone R A Clement in Oban on 01631 562 643 and Helen will make an appointment for you. For appointments in Fort William phone 01397 700 171 Alternatively if you email brief details and your phone number to email@example.com, we will call you back to discuss your requirements.