Professions Covered by This Team
Our medical accounts is dedicated to the professions listed below:
- General Practitioners
- Hospital Consultants
If you belong to one of the above groups, we can help you. We are experienced in all aspects of taxation and accounting with a specific medical emphasis. More and more surgeries have turned to R A Clement Associates for assistance and we can help you too.
Meet the Team
Our medical accounts team is built on the expertise gained over many years by Andy Newiss and John MacGregor. For details of the other members of our dedicated team see the Medical Accounts Team.
How to Contact Us
The group has its own suite of offices on the first floor of our building in 8 High Street, Oban. (Above our payroll department.)
To discuss any aspect of your practice email Andy Newiss or John MacGregor Alternatively call us on 01631 562 643 for an informal chat or to arrange an appointment...... your initial, no obligation consultation is free so call us now.
Services Provided Include:
- Practice sole trader and partnership accounts.
- Personal tax returns incorporating practice accounts/locum work etc.
- Annual superannuation certificates.
- Advice on PMS and GMS contracts.
- Partnership arrangements such as income sharing and joint ownership of premises.
- Pension superannuation forecasts based on SPPA contributions.
- Benchmarking: Comparing your financial results against regional and national averages.
- Partnership arrangements and contractual changes.
- Profit shares and drawings where partnership arrangements change.
- Partnership changes such as retirement.
- Premises: Financing and tax planning considerations.
- Claiming reimbursements from the NHS.
- Accounting for income from different sources such as hospital work, private practice and participation in advisory panels.
- Advice where a doctor/dentist etc is technically self-employed but participates in the NHS pension scheme.
- IT and bookkeeping software advice.
- Tax planning for capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
- Access to specialist financial advisors such as pension planning and investments.
- Advice on the best time to change a car and best way to finance it.
Dispensing Doctors and VAT Registration
From 1st July 2011, dispensing doctors in Scotland, who wish to reclaim the VAT on the drugs they buy, will need to register for VAT. If you are unsure how to go about this, or want more information about VAT for dispensing doctors, please contact Andy Newiss here at R A Clement's Oban office.
Our medical accounts team has developed a series of "Frequently Asked Questions", with worked examples, to help practices understand the complexities of partial exemption. We can provide you with a complete range of services from fast, technical advice to complete preparation of VAT returns. Phone Andy on 01631 562 643 for details or email him.